Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pinterest Inspiration: Refrigerator Dill Pickles


We've been having a lot of fun harvesting our garden this year.  We've had a lovely little crop of cucumbers...but not enough to justify actually canning them.

So I went to Pinterest and found a recipe for refrigerator pickles in my Things to Eat pinboard!

This week's




is...

Refrigerator Dill Pickles!

Here's my inspiration:


Refrigerator Pickles from Food.com

And here's what we made!
Instead of only using quart jars we've saved a couple of actual pickle jars and reused those to keep our homemade pickles in!  Here are the pickles before we added the brine....


And here they are after!






I added a little mustard seed to the recipe...and in one of the jars I also added some red pepper flakes for my hubby.

These are very flavorful and soooooo easy!!  The finished pickles have been crunchy...and super yummy!!!  This recipe is definitely a 'keeper!'  The recipe made almost a full quart of extra brine...so I stuck in the fridge, and we'll use it as we need to to make more yummy pickles!!  We may even try 'pickling' some other veggies, too!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic