Friday, May 6, 2011

Great Idea: Nesting.


This week I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by all that I HAVE to get done before I have this baby in 5 weeks.

Yikes.

There's so much to do.

I am in full-nesting mode.  

All those little things that I let slide so often, now seem to be a BIG HUGE FAT DEAL!  (Like the pile of kids' stuff on my desk, and the fact that my husband uses the top of his dresser as a filing cabinet, and the overflowing recycling bin, and the STILL unorganized craft room, seen here...)

I think I've developed a twitch.    

So...

Today I'm just sharing a link to a fantastic post, all about nesting....

How to Edit a Room by The Nesting Place





After reading this I thought: "I need to just embrace my urge to get rid of the excess.  I need to feel at peace in my home...instead of irritated with all the stuff."

So that's what I'm doing today.  I've already reorganized the bathroom, the laundry room, the kitchen cupboards, the kids' art stuff, and the living room.  I have been de-junking, de-cluttering, cleaning, discarding, re-doing, and list-making almost non-stop this week.  

My husband thinks I've gone completely nuts.

I feel so much better already!  I can't wait to finish the rest of the house!

Really, go check the article out.  Even you are not a crazy, nesting pregnant woman.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic